If you’re planning a vacation to Disney, you’re going to need tickets to the theme parks. If you do a little research on your own you’ll see certain terms thrown around: Base Ticket, Park Hopper, Park Hopper Plus, one park per day, special event tickets and so on. So many tickets! It’s really not as complicated as it seems. Keep reading to find out the different types of tickets and add-ons available. And if you need help, call us and we’ll help you choose the right kind of ticket for your family!
Types of Tickets
- Base tickets are the most basic ticket you can purchase (thus the name “Base”).
- The term, “One park per day” refers to a base ticket because you may only visit one park per day. If you try to visit two different parks in the same day that’s called Park Hopping and that is more expensive.
- Base tickets include admission to one theme park per day unless you purchase the Park Hopper option or Park Hopper Plus option.
- You may use these tickets to visit any park on any day. For example, if you have a 4-day base ticket you may spend 4 days at Magic Kingdom, 2 days at Magic Kingdom and 2 days at Epcot or 1 day at each park. It’s up to you. You just cannot visit two different parks in the same day (again, that’s called Park Hopping).
- 1-Day Base tickets are valid for admission on the specific date selected.
- Multi Day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period.
- 2-day tickets are valid up to 4 days after the start date.
- 3-day tickets are valid up to 5 days after the start date.
- 5-day tickets are valid up to 7 days after the start date.
Example: A 3-day base ticket with a start date of September 1st is valid any three days from September 1-5.
Mid-Day Magic Tickets
The Mid-Day Magic Ticket allows guests to enter a theme park at 12 p.m. Two, three, and four-day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available, and dates begin on or before December 15th, 2019.
Guests who use the Mid-Day Magic ticket options can utilize FastPass+ for the afternoon and evening hours on their park days, up to 30-days in advance.
Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus options are available to be added to the Mid-Day Magic ticket. With the Park Hopper Plus option, guest admission to the Disney water parks and other activities and experiences is allowed after 12:00 p.m.
- 2-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Expire four (4) days after the selected start date.
- 3-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Expire five (5) days after the selected start date.
- 4-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Expire seven (7) days after the selected start date.
Optional Add-Ons to Your Theme Park Base Ticket
1) Add the Park Hopper Option to visit more than one Theme Park on the same day.
- For example, a 3-day ticket with the Park Hopper Option: With a start date of September 1, ticket is valid any 3 days from September 1 – September 5.
2) Add the Park Hopper Plus Option to include visits to the Disney Water Parks and other attractions—along with the ability to visit more than one Theme Park on the same day. This option also extends the period of time within which you may use your ticket by one day.
- For example, a 3-day ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option: With a start date of September 1, ticket is valid any 3 days from September 1 – September 6.
Walt Disney World single-day and multi-day tickets are priced by the date guests intend to visit. Predicted crowd levels are now used to determine the ticket price for a certain date. This means a one day ticket will cost you more on a projected high crowd day, compared to a low crowd day.
A one-day ticket from now until the end of 2019 varies in pricing between $109 to $129 per day depending on the exact date you intend to visit a theme park and which options you choose to add. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving week, July 4th week and most weekends are peak pricing. Low pricing is mostly weekdays in January, February, September and November.
The multi-day ticket pricing will be based on the arrival date chosen at the time of purchase. These tickets decrease in price per day, so the more days you visit, the less it costs per day.
For a low season base ticket (one park per day):
- 1 day=$109/day
- 2 days=$107/day
- 3 days=$105/day
- 4 days=$101/day
- 5 days=$83/day
- 6 days=$71/day
- 7 days=$62/day
- 8 days=$56/day
- 9 days=$51/day
- 10 days=$47/day
For the park hopper option add $60 per ticket per day.
For the park hopper plus option (which includes the water parks) add $80 per ticket per day.
Special Ticketed Events
A special ticketed event is any event that requires the purchase of a special ticket to get into the park. For guests with regular tickets, the park will close early and guests will be required to exit the park. The park will then remain open for anyone holding a separate ticket for the special event.
The special ticketed events include:
- Mickey’s No-So-Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (Magic Kingdom)
- Disney’s H2O Glow Nights (Typhoon Lagoon)
- Disney After Hours (Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom)
- Disney Villain After Hours (Magic Kingdom)
Ticket prices vary and depend on the guest’s age at time of check in. This means if you have a 9 year old on the date of check in, turning 10 mid trip, they are considered a child for the full trip. Or, if you have a child who was 9 years old when you purchased the tickets, but celebrates their 10th birthday one week before check in, they are considered an adult for the full trip.
|Under Age 3||Free|
|Ages 10 and over||Adult|